Hey Guys! It's Donna, Frankie's critique partner from the FNC.
I don't know if you guys know this, but Frankie's been saying for months that she wants to finish the current revision of her WIP* before the clock strikes 2010. Wants to, wants to, wants to, but hasn't gotten there quite yet. The woman needed a challenge--in between fighting her blog wars.. So I'm hijacking Frankie Writes to publicly challenge her to walk the talk and finish the darn thing by 11:59PM, January 1, 2010.
* By the way, her WIP is crazyyyyyyy long (468 pages long). This is no easy task.
If Frankie succeeds... she gets to post a vlog of me baking her a vegan cake.
- I do not bake. When I do, it's never from scratch. Premade boxed mixes and rolls of refrigerated cookie dough are my friends. Half the time the cookie dough doesn't even make it to the oven. When it does, it burns.
- I've never made anything vegan in my life. Even my salads have cheese. I do not speak "soy" or "dairy alternatives."
- I've never vlogged. And from my experience "acting" in the eighth grade production of The Taming of the Shrew, I know the camera hates me. Bad camera.
- How is this a win for Frankie, considering my 98% chance of failure? Not so sure. Probably because it ensures epic hilarity. I'm keeping a fire extinguisher handy. But maybe, just maybe, it will lead to cake.
If Frankie fails... she will vlog an entire scene from Clueless. I'm talking every character, plus Cher's monologue narration. With actual acting. I've seen her do this before, and it's ridiculous. I kind of want her to fail for this reason. It may not rank with her Shakira video Deal with the Universe, but it'll be a close second.
Either way, I think it's a win for you guys -- SOMEONE will be making an idiot of themselves for your viewing pleasure.
Now I'm going to get back to revising my WIP... because if I've learned anything from your blog wars, it's to expect retribution.
Ok Frankie---go revise!!!
Ok Donna! It's on! I'm going to do everything in my will power to start the new year with my WIP revised! Whooo. Also, expect your own challenge to be issued at the FNC tomorrow!
Now off to revise, because despite what Donna says, you don't want to see me reenact Clueless!