Let me tell you something about Amalia. I've known her through the blogosphere for years and she has ALWAYS looked out for me. Like today when she nominated me for this award...it wasn't because my blog is great, or fun to read or anything. Ha! No, it was because: (because you are blogging every day in January and you are bound to need some filler!) LOL! Yes I do! Thank you, Amalia! And anyone else who wants to give me some filler, be my guest! I'm more than halfway there!
1. 11 random facts about me.
Yeah! I can do that.
2. 11 questions answered for the person who nominated me.
Okay! Sure I'll answer questions!
3. I nominate 11 picks for the award, and make up another 11 questions for them to answer.
I'm going to cheat here and say if you read this post you are tagged! But only if you want to be. I'm flexible like that.
4. Nominated peoples will be listed below with their 11 questions of DOOM.
Um, no. See number 3. Congratulations! You've been nominated.
5. Nominated people do the same; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your nominees…but you cannot nominate the blog who nominated you.
Ok! Got it?
11 Totally Random Facts About Frankie That You May Or May Not Know Already
(this is dependent on how long you've been reading my blog, if you know me in real life, and/or but mostly how much of a BAMF you are at stalking...okay, please no stalking)
1. I picked my college based on the fact that they offered one class: Sanskrit.
2. I never took Sanskrit.
3. I took two classes that were entirely taught in Middle English (one on crusader novels as an undergrad, and one on Chaucer as a grad student) so I am a womyn that speake it welle!
4. I did a semester of Hebrew, a semester of Greek and three in Latin. I get wistful when I see Latin textbooks at the store and want to just study them.
5. My sun sign and rising sign are both in Pisces and whether or not you believe in astrology, if you look up Pisces in the dictionary you will see my name.
6. I am a cafe writer so I drink a lot of vanilla lattes. I rarely have to order vanilla lattes though. Pretty much every barrista in several Barnes and Nobles and some Starbucks have memorized my order.
7. The reason I became a belly dancer was one morning in 2000 I woke up and thought, "I should belly dance."
8. My current WIP came about from me being unable to get a certain image out of my head all day, and then combining it with research on a well-known local building.
9. I used to hate my name because I thought it was for a boy. EWWW! I was also 4.
10. I used to think it was illegal for girls to wear pants. It was dresses, skirts or the police! I was also 4.
11. When I want to reread a book I loved, I usually download the audio.
And now...the questions from Amalia!
1. What do you LOVE? (Not a person, but a thing)
Mangoes! I LOVE mangoes! They are my favorite food. I can eat them all day everyday and never get tired of them. I love everything about them, their texture, flavor, color, smell. Mangoes are the way to my heart.
2. What do you HATE? (again, not a person--this could be a pet peeve of grammar or glitter or whatever)
Monsanto. If you don't hate them too, look them up.
3. Favorite Author?
Gah! This is impossible to answer! I don't have a favorite, but I have some favorites which include: Maggie Stiefvater, Richelle Mead, Lauren Oliver, Laini Taylor, Elizabeth Wein, Gayle Forman, Stephanie Perkins, John Green, Rachel Vincent, Jeri Smith-Ready
4. Favorite period in history? why?
It's probably 69-30 BC, when Cleopatra was alive and reigning, or trying to reign. I have always been fascinated with her and Egypt and ancient Rome and Greece and studied the crap out of that time period and the people in high school and college. I don't know why. I've just always found it fascinating and really, really want to see a proper depiction of her life.
5. What's your favorite Myth (or fairy tale)? why?
Why do you ask such hard questions, Amalia!?!? This is like the favorite author question. I can't name just one! But I'll go with the myth of Isis (Egyptian) and of Inanna (Sumerian).
6. What's your favorite god/goddess in mythology?
Oh good, see question 5! But as far as gods go, I am partial to Dionysus.
7. Which character of your own would you lost like to have show up on your doorstep?
My current MC's best friend. She is one of my all time favorite characters, hilarious and so fun to write!
8. For Friendship or Romance? Why?
Definitely for friendship!
9. Which character of someone else's would you most like to have show up on your doorstep?
Since I went on an Outlander binge this fall (books 1-5), I'm going to go with Jamie Frazer.
10. For Friendship or Romance? Why?
11. What book have you read the most? Or if you don't reread books, what book do you most remember the experience of reading?
See random item number 11! Truthfully...my own books. I read them and reread them and revise them and read them A LOT!
Okay, guys! That's it! If you want to answer questions too, feel free to take this award! And I hope you enjoyed the answers.